Blogs that suck time

my pooTUBE
my pUtube
my poopics

SWOBO
avoid the bummerlife

need to reach me? pedalhome at hotmail

Monday, December 31, 2007

a worth cause in 2008

The organization, Cycles of Change, is located in Oakland and greater Alameda County. They work at after school programs doing youth development work in low-income communities. Projects that Cycles does include: earn-a-bike program; after school classes teaching bike mechanics, maintenance, and repair; organized group bike rides; and they have just begun a school garden program.

The program is in need of any old, used bike parts-- particularly mountain bike parts (as that is what the youth ride, middle school aged.) They also accept monetary donations.

There is further information about their programs and donations on their website.

If you have parts that you would like to donate you can give them to me (beth) at any time I see you this year and I will be happy to cart them to the East Bay if you don't live close to one of their drop-off points.

Happy New Year all! And thank you for letting me use this blog for this shameless plug.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ρretty nicе post. I just stumblеd upοn your ωeblog and wanted
tο say that Ӏ've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Here is my weblog ... Online Chat