fly bys ...
- Nate Parks stamped himself all over Patterson on Saturday. After hearing about his District RR manhood, i should have expected him to be swinging the meat this weekend.
When we were going nowhere fast up that stupid headwind pass ... he would zoot from the back of the pack up to the front, doing the ice-glide prances all the way up.
He looked effortless. I just had to sigh with a "well ... we know who's winning today."
- Esparto TT had ... moments of fun ~ but i mean, come'on, it was a time trial.
Noteworthy, of course were the fastest men's and women's efforts of the day
- MHutchinson with a blistering sub39-minute haymaker.
- and, Christine Thorburn with almost going under 41minutes.
those are sick fast rides.
- Didn't make it in time for the Scratch Race at the Hellyer'Drome's Natz Qualifiers. Only made it 10 minutes before the start of the Madison.
scheduled partner had already grabbed a substitute, which left me running back to the car to get changed and a bike ready and Matt Martinez strong-arming somebody, ANYbody to team up with me.
VINCE GEE was the man. He threw his hat into the ring to do an Endurance race with me. BooYah!
We had a blast. Peterson and Palaez won it with some solid exchanges and timely sprints. With Peterson's ability to ride hard forever and Palaez's finishing kick ... good team.
2nd place was RobEvans and GioRey. They were fighting to overtake P/P, but also had to worry about me and Gee rolling along behind them. It was a lovely bit of racing. They are getting smooth and Gio is happy with his fitness improvements. Scary team in another couple months. I hope we have more chances for these guys to practice their Madison.