Blogs that suck time

my pooTUBE
my pUtube
my poopics

SWOBO
avoid the bummerlife

need to reach me? pedalhome at hotmail

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

under orders

the honey said i have to toss out a bit of scribblins by the time she gets home from work.

hmm ... what shall it be on then?

"Respectfully, your honor, it is not the stratosphere. It's the troposphere," said Milkey, referring to atmospheric layers that can be affected by pollution.

"Troposphere, whatever," Scalia said as the normally silent gallery erupted in chuckles. "I told you before I'm not a scientist. That's why I don't want to have to deal with global warming."

... no fucking way. no fucking way you just said that.


- - -

Naw, let's just run with some good ole' fashion, grade-A smacktalk, yah?




OK, as I recall ... this weekend's Pilarcitos course has more of the usual expected from that outfit:

single-track that's fun to ride through but shit to actually race on (unless you're in the front ... then it's hootsville-yeehaw, baby!);

shitty start that throws you right into a bottleneck (repeat parenthetical above);

venue where you have to walk a country mile from the parking to the expo/start/porto;

kick-ass competition to bring out the good efforts from everyone involved;

big-balled Russian soundtrack blaring all day long.


hell yeah, baby. sign my ass up.

- - -

The Elite's should bring out the big guns. There's no place to be travelin' to and the course is storied enough to make a splash with a result. And it's Districts ... so we might get a good bit of fight out of the dawgs from that, too.

Let's see ... if Wicks shows up - don't see anyone challenging him but the JackManiac bro's. Don't know if Ben has started his Tour of Cali training yet, though. And, Andy might be meeting some Asian mafia-types about selling bike crap to the world.

It won't be muddy enough for Robinson to stomp us into submission, but he'll probably be best of the rest by a good chunk of time unless DJ Snead and da'Wyant toss in their hats. But - the real battle will be for the overall series win between Krakulak and Funkee. That's a total toss-up. Your guess is as good as mine.

On the women's end of the stick - Kerlin needs to win a race. I see her battling strong with the RockLobsterFemmeBots. LaLaLloyd is the wildcard ... as always. Should be a killer race. I can't wait.


Well, that's enough for now. She'll be home any minute and I need to pop some Corralitos Chicken in the oven for din-din.

blahblahblah

6 comments:

Velojuice said...

Don't forget about Funke "racing down" and going for the coveted 35+ crown. Him, Kramer and Maile going at it this weekend with former Nat Champ Hoefer was a good battle especially since Maile was going SS style. Dude is an alien mutant. Throw in Coats, Chirs D and the rest of geezers. That makes for a fun battle. Too bad I will be to far back to see it. Unless Kramer "races down" and does the 45+, after all he is 50+. It is all so breath taking. Peace.

VJ

Anonymous said...

Ah, the wisdom of Scalia.

Scalia also once said that "In a big family, the first child is kind of like the first pancake. If it's not perfect that's ok, there are alot more coming."

Totally sweet quote from a SC judge. It also makes me feel glad I'm the youngest child.

Velo Bella said...

but doesn't the pan get all greasy and have burnt bits on it? So that the later pancakes are sort of tainted?

At least when I make them thats what happens.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

that's why i'm in charge of the 'cakes.

Velo Bella said...

tasty cakes

funkdaddy said...

Hernando, I can't believe you're not racing 35+ - you'll have the opportunity to herniate my L4/L5 disc again if you do, 'cuz I'm racin' TWICE!

Oh, and Maile is promising gears and shifters on Sunday, I think he's been eyeing Districts all season. At least he'll be on a Sycip so I can pretend he's my teammate...

Oh, and racing Masters is not "racing down"...trust me. I have heaps of respect for all those guys and the only reason I don't race M35 all the time is that I'm scared of losing to a whole new gang. Losing A races just seems easier.