Blogs that suck time

my pooTUBE
my pUtube
my poopics

SWOBO
avoid the bummerlife

need to reach me? pedalhome at hotmail

Saturday, July 01, 2006

. . . and i hate myself for it

but ... i want Georgey to win the Tour.

I know, I know ... another Discovery rider win, and an American?

... it's just ~ i think about those 7 years, 7 long years of slaying himself for his team leader. i think about the many times he has stepped oh-so close to that podium of legend in the Classics. i think about what a transformation he has made; from sprinter, to rolleur, to climber, to stage racer.

... and i think, ah hell ~ why not give him just one good shot at it?

- - -

he'll need to take every chance given to him. he cannot give away one inch.

i wonder...

6 comments:

diskzero said...

It would be interesting to see him win. I wonder if he has the mental disposition to flog his teammates into action the same way Lance did?

Ippoc Amic said...

I think Geroge is as physically gifted as the next guy capable of winning this year's TdF. It's just the mental part that he seems to lack. George has been the recipient of bad luck and the other little things that make 1st place out of reach, sometimes...

Chico Cyclist said...

I think George could do it this year. Never thought he would be in that position, but he's got the ability at this point.

Anonymous said...

i still don't get the George Hincapie thing to win tdf...this guy just does not fit a tour gc, he is a spring classics kinda rider...with all due respect to your pick to win but it just doesn't make sense...

Anonymous said...

that is my opinion of course...

Skibby said...

and I agree with you. It will be interesting to see if he can hang in the high mountains (I'm guessing not) Georgie is a good rider with a hot wife, but not a Tour day France winner.