Blogs that suck time

my pooTUBE
my pUtube
my poopics

SWOBO
avoid the bummerlife

need to reach me? pedalhome at hotmail

Monday, November 14, 2005

more coffee needed

aaarrgh...too busy this morning. Mondays shouldn't be this fast paced.

Sitting through a quick morning blabberfest, couldn't help notice (or perhaps better said, 'be reminded of') how nervous people get when speaking in groups, even small ones.

It's kind of cute, but it's also a bit of a pain in the butt as it slows down the efficiency when people lose their train of thought or jump around on the defensive. Silly.

oh let's see...an analogy?

I've been chastised for not getting nervous for bike races. Seems some think that you need to have a bit of jumpy-juice running through your system before the gun goes off. The theory is that it kicks you into a fast start.

hmm...
I just can't do it. I mean, it's just a bike race. And, either your fit and fast enough, or your not. What's the use in being nervous about it? Win, or don't. But, if you're there to have fun and spit all over yourself in blind giggl-o-rama...what does it matter? I like saving my excitement for the finish of the race.

It's sort of like when you go on a date with someone you've barely spoken with, but you have a good hint of attraction for them.

why be nervous? Either they will like you, or they won't. Either you will like them, or you won't. Nervousness is immaterial.

Still, sometimes it is fun to have a butterfly or two skipping around the belly, I guess.

As Count Olaf said, "Embrace the butterflies!"
--

No comments: