a short snip of what Cyclingnews covers in recent hours:
- low pro BMC Schmatzy and his boys tackling a thug after a Navigator's soignuer room raided.
- Disco blah-blah team to hit the TourOMissoura.
- all the eurotrash pedaling in a hurry towards signing a flawed, but significant anti-doping charter.
- and a million tidbits on Boonen, Bettini, Japanese National results, pics of the tour of slobodovenia, etc...
what VsNews covered:
- doping, Italian sprinter, doping dopers and Lenny Zinn's rolling resistance article (ok ... that was kind of a cool read).
My question is ... when will VsNews crack the coffers and invest in making their online publication the money maker it has the potential to be? Do they really think that the paperbound version will die off if they do?
Inquiring minds want to ... oh, actually - i don't care.
- - -
NRC race in NorCal?
why yes ... apparently there is. Has anyone heard, read, had a conversation with god about the Cougar Mtn whatever? Uh ... i consider myself relatively hooked into the cycling media and I couldn't tell you anything about this race other than it sounds like a place Nancy Drew would solve a high school mystery.
what channel do i need to switch to?
- - -
So, there was a UCI WorldCup tentatively scheduled for the US ... then the promoters had to back out ... then there was some wah-wah about it.
we didn't have a bike race. really, it's not that big of a deal. but all the gossipy crap-talk is just wonderful, thanks!
though my favorite quote, and perhaps as indicative of character is ~
"I am deeply appreciative of the kind words on our behalf. I also realize most of the folks on this site truly love 'cross...probably as much as we do."
really ... almost as much?
aww ... yer so sweet!
- - -