well, you know how it is ... some days it all just comes together.
moons align, tides swell and crash in celestial rhythm, and singletrack cups your tread like the mothergoddess should.
yeah ~ it was one of those.
- - -
- who the hell is Jurgen Van Goolen?
Disco rider gets 2nd on today's Suissey tour ... and i have no idea who the cat is.
- speaking of Suisseys ... Siaz's Wurth team is 1-2 in the GC right now ... and still in for the Tour. ASO kicks out CommVel for being part of the Spanish arrests, but Wurth still in?
come on ... that's just crazy talk.
If ASO doesn't kick out Wurth (sorry Vino and all beautiful Kazakhs), then they lose what little street cred they have in the pursuit of a clean sport. What they are doing now is shuffling off responsibility to the UCI ... chicken shits.
- RAAM update - crazy muthafukkers. Thanks to the 27t-gawdess for pointing out the evils of breast cancer chamois.
- the Davinci Code ... it was kinda bad, actually.
Didn't read the book ... and won't ~ but, i thought the film would at least be a nice bit of Ron Howard movie-makery.
laughing out loud at the pivotal scene in the movie ... not a good sign.
- i LOVE riding mtb's with my woman.
- June 22nd i have my first doctor's appointment ... ever. Now that I have officially entered geezer-dom, I've decided to go in to the medical establishment and get somebody to look under the hood.
It's not that I despise the medical arts ... in fact, one of the favorites happens to be a fine practicioner of the dark magics. However, I loathe the machinery of medicine ~ insurance companies, big-business hospitals, corporate-cold decision making effecting an individuals life more directly than any other institution in our aMErican modern world.
It can bankrupt you from a heartbeat, toss you to the pharmicated devil-wolves, turn your insides out in error, and save your life ... all in the same building.
I've never gone by my own volition. True, in my younger, wilder days I had the occasional emergency visit ... but, I've never decided to open up my bodily book for review.
I wonder what they'll find?