- i opted out of our local cycling organization's email snuff list (ncnca), but still get random emails from the server (only from Larry Nolan and Casey Kerrigan ... how weird is that?).
So, I wander over to the web-version of the list archives and got a very cool read from CRC's Tad Borek. That dude rules. Anyway, there's some hulabullub from Lessy Earnest about the Wiesel junta and how much USAC blows ... oy.
I mean ~ USAC does have some crap-filled policies and how can anyone not scratch heads at no-funding for World Championship riders ... but, Earnest strikes me as one of those three guys from the X-Files ... you know, the three conspiracy theorists geeks who bumbled around the periphery ... hey, wait a minute ~ weren't they right about some of those conspiracies, though?
... ah, fiction.
- e-mail servers that only allow 30megs of inbox storage ... suck.
for people who don't maintain their mutherf'in e-accounts. why can't people use the delete button more often?
- there is only one reason to look forward to going to Bakersfield. Ok, there’s two … but one is actually legal.
- an all-women’s stage race this weekend. Me ‘n the boys are gonna be all dressed up in pink … getting’ our groove on while we, uh … ‘support’ them hotties while they race.
- mtb nationals on a sucky course only a couple hours away … or, roadie-scum nationals a continent away on courses that could be kick-ass.
Taking all that time off work … I’d rather do it for something like a long trip goofin’ with my woman where we pedaled around for fun and leisure, not for entry fees and paper glories.
- computers with 256 megs of RAM … blow donkey.
- Popular Science is one scary mofo magazine.
The future will hold reams upon reams of ethical dilemmas for us humanites. We will be able to birth, kill, record, control, burn, contaminate in ways and with devices not conceived of by our moral forefadders.
We will be riding rudderless or, at the least, without compass and map.
What will guide our decision making? Religion is the dim-witted bully slapping heads and flexing muscles in attempts at reigning in control. Politics is the schoolyard mob that watches the fight with sickened, yet titillated stomach flutters. Education is a scavenging bird that regurgitates to its blind and hungry young.
- Virus attack - all f'ing morning. sumbitch.
We are soooo reliant on the internet now. Why? Because it's information access and transfer.
That is what being human is ... information access and transfer.
... and bicycles.