Blogs that suck time

my pooTUBE
my pUtube
my poopics

SWOBO
avoid the bummerlife

need to reach me? pedalhome at hotmail

Monday, December 05, 2005

ichi, ni, san ...

shyte ... now the wounds are stiffening up a bit.

learning how to fall - more important in cycling than you would think.

If you've learned sound falling technique, it really does make a huge difference in your ability to survive big spill damage.

A good way to learn how to fall (and a great way to work on flexibility, core muscle strength, balance and agility) is to take a martial art class once or twice a week. My recommendations would be arts such as aikido, judo, or even jujitsu. Aikido is usually the most laid-back of the disciplines and most dojos are quite open to cats who just want to work on some fitness/agility and not become a deadly killing machine.

With judo and jujitsu - you're likely to get more of a serious workout than aikido. But, any discipline you choose, you will build good strength and agility. Who knows, maybe you'll get hooked and want to explore the way.

Learn to fall! It'll save broken bones and give you a chance to tap into your hara.
~

5 comments:

X Bunny said...

already on the list of things to do when I have more time (ie-retire)

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

looking at the guy who is upside down, I am reminded that it is pure myth that bunnies don't barf...

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

love the links on this one.

Think those trackies were using TUFO tape?

Killer squirrels rock!

The hara page is soooo cool. Unfortunately, I am soooo lazy....

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

those trackies were obviously NOT using the orange Tufo tape.

"... and you ain't lazy,
you're my brother."

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

btw,

that's my first Neil Diamond reference in a long, long time.

i'm so gay.